Since the Friends of RBUFW and Seattle Tilth were awarded the operatorship of the site in June 2011, the Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands has become the hub and home for the following:
- East African Senior Farming project
- Ground Up Organics/Seattle Parks STEP youth employment program
- Rainier Valley Eats campaign; a component of the national Hunger Free Communities program of the USDA
- A robust volunteer and internship program
- Field trip destination site for four schools in the immediate vicinity of the farm
- Work share agreements with local commercial growers
In March, alone, there were over 50 events on-site and over 65 volunteers contributed nearly 400 hours of support to the farm development.